@medvedevRussiaE @mcfaul My self-nomination for the Yuri Milner Prize 2013 in Fundamental Physics – Cosmology, http://ctamirisa.com/2012/07/21/the-mechanics-of-traveling-ultra-long-distance-in-space/
The purpose of this article is to respond to Stephen W Hawking’s lecture on the danger of extinction and the need for exploring outer space with an added urgency.
The Mechanics Of Travel By Worm Holes
“…The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: The indestructible, transcendental living entity is called Brahman… It – the Universe – has always been and will be”
The Bhagavad Gita, circa 776 B.C.E
1. The above diagram implies gravity-assist of a spacecraft in the space between the event horizons of neighboring blackholes or at the curvature of event horizon of one blackhole.
2. Gravity assist models are currently in use in all space agencies of the world and employ basic Newtonian mechanics for computations of trajectories since the Apollo program. Helpful to understand gravity assist in the Newtonian domain (approximately, for example, up to one-half light speed for a spacecraft seeking gravity assist at an event horizon) can be the curvature of light in Einsteinian relativistic space-time as proven by Sir Arthur Eddington in 1919. It is unclear still if light speed is affected around event horizons though, on average, the calculations appear to be holding for the constant of 186,000 miles/s – light and the electromagnetic spectrum of which it is a part being the principal determinant of time in space-time.
3. I describe the mathematical structure of space-time in my paper Mathematical Representation of Space-Time. Event horizon, therefore, as I define here, is the boundary between time and timelessness, between pure space as constituted only by matter in a blackhole and the fabric of space-time around it (Also, see Stephen W Hawking, A Brief History of Time for some background on the technical meaning of the concept of “event” in Einsteinian space-time). Further, the concept of dilation in general relativity of the three physical dimensions, mass (M), length (L) and time (T) at relativistic speeds, proves mathematically the reality of timelessness, consistent with event horizons and blackholes.
4. I also conjecture here that the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy invalidates the Hawking-Penrose postulate of the collapse of the universe. Entropy of the universe is a concept limited to an expanding universe and the collapse of space-time into dark matter or expanding dark matter is, in fact, the default structure of the Universe within which multiverses, of which our universe, only one among many, exists. Entropy has no meaning in the Universe (I have posted a discussion on Linkedin in the International Astronautical Federation group titled “Multiverses occur because of perturbations in the larger Universe. Our universe is one such perturbation.”)
5. The structure of the Universe is an infinite sphere and a black hole of dense, dark matter. Each perturbation is a violent quake and eruption similar to solar eruptions, because of the properties of dark matter we do not yet fully understand, producing multiverses, each such universe is a massive void with various dispersed forms of matter – plasma or hot ionized gases, gases, liquids and solids – producing space-time or characterized by space-time. Eventually, the explosion settles back into the larger Universe. Fractals are a useful conceptual and mathematical tool to understand the dynamics of the structure of the universe. Time is absent in the Universe as a default characteristic.
6. In my view, the universe has only 3 dimensions (multiple folded dimensions has no credence) and time is an imaginary dimension upon the creation of Maxwellian-Einsteiniain space-time.